Firefox is one of the most popular web browsers used on Mac and Windows computers. This open source browser is reliable and has several great features that can enhance browsing experience. This amazing browser is also available for mobile devices like Android. If you are using Android 2.2 and higher, you can download and install this browser on your device. You’ll enjoy using Firefox on Android because of its speed, security and amazing features. Let’s find out more about this cool browser:
How to Use Firefox for Android
Using Firefox for browsing on your Android device is easy, especially if you have been using the browser on your desktop computer. Its graphical user interface is intuitive so you will immediately have an idea on what to do the moment you access it.
- Go to the Google Play store or the website of Firefox for mobile to download the browser.
- Check on the system requirements and make sure that your device meets them.
- Tap the Download button.
- Tap the Install button.
- Your permission will be asked to continue with the download.
- Tap the button that says Accept and Download.
- The installation process will start. Wait for it to complete.
- You will get a message that Firefox was successfully installed.
- Tap the check box next to Allow Automatic Updating.
- Tap the Open button to start using the browser.
- On top of Firefox is the title bar. It has the Firefox logo and the search field.
- Tap on the title bar to show your bookmarks, history and top sites.
- Tap on the tab icon (plus icon) to open another page. This will let you access another site or search for information on the web without closing the first page you visited.
Sync Firefox Bookmarks from Desktop to Android
Now that you have installed Firefox on your device and you know the basics on how to browse and search information on the web using the browser, it’s time to learn more about its other features. If you have been using Firefox on your computer, you can actually move your bookmarks from the computer to your Android device so you don’t have to manually bookmark them on your mobile phone. To do this you need to set up Firefox sync on your desktop.
- Open Firefox on your desktop, click the Tools menu and click the Set Up Sync option.
- The Firefox Sync window will open. Click the Create a New Account button.
- Enter the needed information including the code shown on the screen.
- Click the Sync Options button if you want to change the preferences.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Close button once Set Up is complete.
The next step is to set up Firefox Sync on your Android device.
- Open Firefox on your mobile device.
- On the home screen of the browser, you will see the option to set up Firefox sync.
- Tap on the said option. Another way to access this option is to tap on the main menu of the browser, tap More, tap Settings, and then tap Sync.
- A code will show up, which you will use to pair your device to your computer.
It’s time to go back to your desktop so you can enter the said code.
- Click the Home icon, which is located on the left most part of the navigation bar.
- Click Sync at the bottom of the page.
- Click Pair a Device.
- Enter the code that showed up on your Android.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Finish button.