Firefox is an open source browser that is widely used on desktop computers, as well as laptops. This trusted browser can also be installed on compatible mobile devices like Android. Firefox for Android offers a fast and secured browsing experience on your mobile phone. You can get Firefox on Android as long as your device meets the minimum system requirements. You can check this on the download site of Firefox. This website is dedicated to hand out information and support to all FF users out there!
How to Download and Install Firefox
You can download Firefox through Google Play or by going to Firefox mobile site. It is compatible with Android 2.2 or higher. The device should have at least 512 MB of RAM and 17 MB memory. The screen resolution should be a minimum of 480×320 and an ARMv7 processor. The phone should have 800MHZ min clock frequency and supports OpenGL ES 2.0. If your device meets all the minimum requirements, then you may proceed with the download.
- Tap the Download option on the download page.
- The installation page for the browser will show up. Tap the Install button and you will be asked to permit the download.
- Tap the Accept and Download button to proceed with the installation.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Once done, you will get an option to allow automatic updating. Tap on the box next to the said option to make sure that your browser will always be up to date.
- Tap the Open button to start using Firefox on your mobile device.
How to Browse and Bookmark on Firefox
Like Firefox on desktop, Firefox for mobile also supports tabbed browsing. This means that you can open multiple sites at the same time. This will let you do more and maximize your browsing experience. One of the great features of Firefox is that it automatically organizes the texts on pages so it would be easier for you to read them. Furthermore, loading of pages doesn’t take so much time so you don’t have to wait before you get the information you need. It’s easy to learn how to navigate the browser.
- Open the Firefox browser by tapping on its icon on your home screen.
- On top of the browser is the title bar, which has the field that says Enter Search or Address. Next to it is a plus icon, which lets you open another tab.
- Tapping on the title bar will show you your history, top sites and bookmarks.
- Tap on the title bar once more and type the site you would like to access or information you would like to find.
- If you want to search for more sites or information, tap on the plus icon to open another tab.
- You may also tap on the sites saved on your history, top sites or bookmarks to load them.
- If you want to zoom in the page to read the text better, double tap on the area that you want to zoom and it will become bigger.
- Double tap on the screen once more to zoom out.
- If there is a page that you would like to bookmark, tap on the main Firefox menu and tap Bookmark.